Lamma.com.hk

LAMMA-ZINE - CLASSIFIEDS - EVENTS - GALLERIES - LINKS - Subscribe - Donate - Advertise - Contact Us - Facebook

  WHAT'S NEW? Restaurant/Bar News ~ "UFOs vs. 2 Gigs" ~ Dora Tsang interview
  WHAT'S ON?    Multi-sport classes ~ Butterflies ~ Digging for Victory! ~ ARTISTICO
  LAMMA-ZINE:  Lamma Ferries App ~ Stumbling Randomly ~ Easter Crowds? ~ Föllakzoid  

It is currently Tue May 21, 2019 7:15 pm

All times are UTC + 8 hours




Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 38 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2  Next
Author Message
PostPosted: Sat Apr 14, 2012 7:30 am 
Offline

Joined: Fri Apr 10, 2009 2:32 am
Posts: 56
Location: UK
What is wrong with Pak Kok???/. be honest please, thanks.


Last edited by EVERREADY on Sat Apr 14, 2012 9:55 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: Island Couple
PostPosted: Sat Apr 14, 2012 5:29 pm 
Offline
over 100 messages posted
over 100 messages posted

Joined: Sat Jul 23, 2011 10:53 pm
Posts: 101
Location: HK
EVERREADY wrote:
What is wrong with Pak Kok???/. be honey please, thanks.


Middle of nowhere, difficult to get to or from, no shops or anything else (sorry, one tiny shop that doesn't have much aside from a lovely dog), boats very infrequent and only to Aberdeen, have to travel to YSW (25 minute walk one way) for everything else, on or off the island - don't get me wrong, if you like absolute isolation then its fine, but the main thing is that in the summer the heat makes it VERY difficult coming and going from Pak Kok, even more difficult than it already is.

Non-natives that live there do so because it is cheaper, there is no other reason. Those that give alternative reasons do so as there seems to be a need to offer some justification for living somewhere so random. I am not saying that it is a bad thing or passing judgement on those that do, they are just the facts. If that is your main objective though in keeping costs to a minimum and doing whatever it takes and for whatever reason then fair enough, it just isn't particularly easy or enjoyable in terms of the quality of life.

_________________
Thanks

IC


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Apr 14, 2012 6:52 pm 
Offline
Site Admin, Webmaster, Lamma-zine Editor
User avatar

Joined: Fri Aug 02, 2002 1:22 pm
Posts: 9971
Location: Pak Kok Village
Woah, I feel another forum fight coming on, Pak Kokians are a proud tribe....

Reasons, please, why Pak Kok is much preferable to the noisy, big, crowded village of Yung Shue Wan, please!

_________________
Click here for Lamma-zine stories and recent Lamma Spotlights of the Week:
Photo, Video, Person, Wildlife, Bird, Artwork.


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: Island Couple
PostPosted: Sun Apr 15, 2012 6:07 am 
Offline
over 300 messages posted
over 300 messages posted
User avatar

Joined: Mon Nov 01, 2010 9:46 pm
Posts: 363
islandcouple wrote:
Middle of nowhere, difficult to get to or from, no shops or anything else (sorry, one tiny shop that doesn't have much aside from a lovely dog), boats very infrequent and only to Aberdeen, have to travel to YSW (25 minute walk one way) for everything else, on or off the island - don't get me wrong, if you like absolute isolation then its fine, but the main thing is that in the summer the heat makes it VERY difficult coming and going from Pak Kok, even more difficult than it already is.

Non-natives that live there do so because it is cheaper, there is no other reason. Those that give alternative reasons do so as there seems to be a need to offer some justification for living somewhere so random. I am not saying that it is a bad thing or passing judgement on those that do, they are just the facts. If that is your main objective though in keeping costs to a minimum and doing whatever it takes and for whatever reason then fair enough, it just isn't particularly easy or enjoyable in terms of the quality of life.



The most disgusting in this post is the polite way you are explaining to to others how hypocritical they are by hiding the “true” reason of choosing Pak Kok and other remote places.

It is interesting to me, what is your reason to place a post like that, especially if you are not interested in this apartment. To make a show how clever you are? You have your preferences. What is the point in attacking preferences of others?


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Apr 15, 2012 9:23 am 
Offline
Over 1,000 messages posted
Over 1,000 messages posted
User avatar

Joined: Mon Dec 02, 2002 12:28 am
Posts: 1028
Location: on line
Non-natives that live there do so because it is cheaper, there is no other reason. Those that give alternative reasons do so as there seems to be a need to offer some justification for living somewhere so random. I would have thought that also applies to why you live on Lamma, Island Couple, or are you just unemployable?


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: Island Couple
PostPosted: Sun Apr 15, 2012 4:24 pm 
Offline

Joined: Fri Apr 10, 2009 2:32 am
Posts: 56
Location: UK
rambler wrote:
islandcouple wrote:
Middle of nowhere, difficult to get to or from, no shops or anything else (sorry, one tiny shop that doesn't have much aside from a lovely dog), boats very infrequent and only to Aberdeen, have to travel to YSW (25 minute walk one way) for everything else, on or off the island - don't get me wrong, if you like absolute isolation then its fine, but the main thing is that in the summer the heat makes it VERY difficult coming and going from Pak Kok, even more difficult than it already is.

Non-natives that live there do so because it is cheaper, there is no other reason. Those that give alternative reasons do so as there seems to be a need to offer some justification for living somewhere so random. I am not saying that it is a bad thing or passing judgement on those that do, they are just the facts. If that is your main objective though in keeping costs to a minimum and doing whatever it takes and for whatever reason then fair enough, it just isn't particularly easy or enjoyable in terms of the quality of life.



The most disgusting in this post is the polite way you are explaining to to others how hypocritical they are by hiding the “true” reason of choosing Pak Kok and other remote places.

It is interesting to me, what is your reason to place a post like that, especially if you are not interested in this apartment. To make a show how clever you are? You have your preferences. What is the point in attacking preferences of others?


RAMBLER: I recieved an email from Info@lamma that someone has sent me a mail that I noted it is your respond but unsure who exactely are you addressed it to; was me or someone else because you did not or might forgot input a name, it isn't really mattered as far as I am concern everyone is entiled to thier opinion as this is a FREEWORLD also classed as FREEDOM of SPEECH don't you agree???/. DON'T get too upset with yourself, be HAPPY :D .


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Apr 15, 2012 8:29 pm 
Offline
Flora & Fauna Moderator
User avatar

Joined: Mon Aug 12, 2002 9:19 pm
Posts: 1046
Location: Tai Peng
I think Pak Kok is a lovely place, and sometimes half think of trying to move there (but I'm comforatable where I am), not because it's cheap but because of the peaceful and pleasant natural environment.

I couldn't possible know what is inside the mind of "non-natives" concerning their lifestyle choices - no doubt they have their reasons.


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: Island Couple
PostPosted: Mon Apr 16, 2012 12:13 pm 
Offline
over 800 messages posted
over 800 messages posted
User avatar

Joined: Wed Mar 29, 2006 2:24 pm
Posts: 849
Location: Shifting Sands
islandcouple wrote:
Non-natives that live there do so because it is cheaper, there is no other reason.


You must have undertaken detailed studies of the Pak Kokian mindset, IC, to have arrived at such a specific conclusion. However, I beg to differ. As those of us who've been living long-term in the more advanced and cosmopolitan Yung Shue Wan well know, the rarified air in Pak Kok gives vent to strange, perhaps primeval sexual depravities, to which both sexes quickly become addicted. This also accounts for the bizarre howling and shrieks that can be heard around Pak Kok, especially during the night. There's a lot more to Pak Kok than cheap rent.

_________________
Friends, Romans, countrymen, lend me your ears.


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Apr 17, 2012 12:06 am 
Offline
over 200 messages posted
over 200 messages posted
User avatar

Joined: Tue Apr 05, 2005 11:33 am
Posts: 215
Location: 17th Century listed building UK
my last 3yrs out of ten years living in HK was spent in Pak Kok the best place in the whole of HK.


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Apr 17, 2012 12:37 am 
Offline

Joined: Fri Apr 10, 2009 2:32 am
Posts: 56
Location: UK
EILEEN wrote:
my last 3yrs out of ten years living in HK was spent in Pak Kok the best place in the whole of HK.


Eileen
Having read your post It pleases me :D and it looks like I/We are not the only ones like to live in some places where there are peaces and quits. BTW I am sure you look better than your picture shown in your poster or anywhere near I promised you I will be looking for you when I arrived in this Island., days and nights until I found you. :x :oops: :wink:


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Apr 17, 2012 11:07 am 
Offline
over 800 messages posted
over 800 messages posted
User avatar

Joined: Wed Mar 29, 2006 2:24 pm
Posts: 849
Location: Shifting Sands
EVERREADY wrote:
EILEEN wrote:
my last 3yrs out of ten years living in HK was spent in Pak Kok the best place in the whole of HK.


Eileen
Having read your post It pleases me :D and it looks like I/We are not the only ones like to live in some places where there are peaces and quits. BTW I am sure you look better than your picture shown in your poster or anywhere near I promised you I will be looking for you when I arrived in this Island., days and nights until I found you. :x :oops: :wink:


Naive readers may think the above exchange is merely a bit of harmless online romance. The reality of course is far more sinister - Pak Kok's lustful air is weaving its spell. Eileen is clearly drawn back to her former raunchy and lascivious pursuits, while EVERREADY, lured perhaps by Eileen's sexy avatar, can't wait to get a handful. Don't say I didn't warn you!

_________________
Friends, Romans, countrymen, lend me your ears.


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Apr 17, 2012 5:25 pm 
Offline
over 100 messages posted
over 100 messages posted
User avatar

Joined: Sat Feb 08, 2003 9:13 pm
Posts: 124
Location: Pak Kok
The occupants of Pak Kok live in fear of nameless creatures in the surrounding woods. They have built a barrier of moon festival lanterns and webcams that are constantly manned to keep watch for "Those We Don't Speak Of." It is said that the villagers have a long-standing truce with the monsters; the villagers do not go into their woods, and the creatures do not enter their village. The villagers execute a well-rehearsed alarm, in which they rush home, lock their doors and hide in their illegal rooftop structures. The dead, skinned bodies of islandcouple appear in the village; postmortem analysis identified them as trolls...[To Be Continued]


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Apr 17, 2012 5:45 pm 
Offline

Joined: Fri Apr 10, 2009 2:32 am
Posts: 56
Location: UK
Marc Antony wrote:
EVERREADY wrote:
EILEEN wrote:
my last 3yrs out of ten years living in HK was spent in Pak Kok the best place in the whole of HK.


Eileen
Having read your post It pleases me :D and it looks like I/We are not the only ones like to live in some places where there are peaces and quits. BTW I am sure you look better than your picture shown in your poster or anywhere near I promised you I will be looking for you when I arrived in this Island., days and nights until I found you. :x :oops: :wink:


Naive readers may think the above exchange is merely a bit of harmless online romance. The reality of course is far more sinister - Pak Kok's lustful air is weaving its spell. Eileen is clearly drawn back to her former raunchy and lascivious pursuits, while EVERREADY, lured perhaps by Eileen's sexy avatar, can't wait to get a handful. Don't say I didn't warn you!



Marc – it is always joys to your postings but this time you have wronged mines :shock: , most people would only take it as a joke may be my sense humors isn’t matched yours :cry: , I am sure Eileen would see the funny side of it and have a good laugh too :D – EILEEN I hope you have not been offend. Marc you’ve wrong again it is on the contrary people are not navies it is the opposite of it. and I am glad we still have Vigilante like you have a decency warning people to look and take care of themselves, if one only read our daily Newspapers know this is not a safe World anymore and yes of course people should be and must take awareness their surroundings. Have a good day and don’t get too upset, go on have a smile 8) . Have I got to apologize to you or anyone???/.


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Apr 17, 2012 5:51 pm 
Offline

Joined: Fri Apr 10, 2009 2:32 am
Posts: 56
Location: UK
GM wrote:
The occupants of Pak Kok live in fear of nameless creatures in the surrounding woods. They have built a barrier of moon festival lanterns and webcams that are constantly manned to keep watch for "Those We Don't Speak Of." It is said that the villagers have a long-standing truce with the monsters; the villagers do not go into their woods, and the creatures do not enter their village. The villagers execute a well-rehearsed alarm, in which they rush home, lock their doors and hide in their illegal rooftop structures. The dead, skinned bodies of islandcouple appear in the village; postmortem analysis identified them as trolls...[To Be Continued]


GM - are you kidding??/. Please read my post a reply to Marc I just Posted, yours comes with alarming bell.


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Apr 17, 2012 6:04 pm 
Offline
over 100 messages posted
over 100 messages posted
User avatar

Joined: Sat Feb 08, 2003 9:13 pm
Posts: 124
Location: Pak Kok
A loud whooshing noise is heard over EverReady's head.

GM asks the village elders for permission to pass through the woods to get medical supplies from "the town". His request is denied and later he is admonished by his mother, Eileen, for wanting to go to the town, which the villagers describe as "a wicked place where wicked people live." Perhaps that was where the ill-fated islandcouple came from. The Elders seem to keep dark secrets of their own in Ding Uk boxes, the contents of which they keep hidden from their female offspring. After GM makes a short venture into the woods, the creatures leave warnings around the village in the form of splashes of red paint (referred by the villagers only as "the IOU color") on all the villagers' doors. [To Be Continued]...


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Apr 17, 2012 6:22 pm 
Offline

Joined: Fri Apr 10, 2009 2:32 am
Posts: 56
Location: UK
GM wrote:
A loud whooshing noise is heard over EverReady's head.

GM asks the village elders for permission to pass through the woods to get medical supplies from "the town". His request is denied and later he is admonished by his mother, Eileen, for wanting to go to the town, which the villagers describe as "a wicked place where wicked people live." Perhaps that was where the ill-fated islandcouple came from. The Elders seem to keep dark secrets of their own in Ding Uk boxes, the contents of which they keep hidden from their female offspring. After GM makes a short venture into the woods, the creatures leave warnings around the village in the form of splashes of red paint (referred by the villagers only as "the IOU color") on all the villagers' doors. [To Be Continued]...


GM – we all know the Chinese have a certain Customs, Outlooks and believes, they always amused me. Thank You.


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Apr 17, 2012 6:30 pm 
Offline
over 800 messages posted
over 800 messages posted
User avatar

Joined: Wed Mar 29, 2006 2:24 pm
Posts: 849
Location: Shifting Sands
EVERREADY wrote:
I am sure Eileen would see the funny side of it and have a good laugh too :D – EILEEN I hope you have not been offend. ... Have I got to apologize to you or anyone???/.


EVERREADY, take it easy my good fellow. You have done nothing wrong and there's no need to aplogise to anyone. Just beware the ladies of Pak Kok. Eileen may be a PK high priestess and you would be putty in her hands.

Also,as GM says, the woods around PK are full of dark matter and should be avoided. Terrifying "Tycoon" Bobsy lurks there on moonless nights, ambushing passing innocents, muttering scary hippy chants and hording his ill-gotten loot.

_________________
Friends, Romans, countrymen, lend me your ears.


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Apr 17, 2012 6:37 pm 
Offline
over 100 messages posted
over 100 messages posted
User avatar

Joined: Sat Feb 08, 2003 9:13 pm
Posts: 124
Location: Pak Kok
Esmerelda, the blind daughter of the chief Elder, informs GM that she has strong feelings for him, and he returns her affections. They arrange to be married, but things go horribly wrong when EverReady, a young man with apparent developmental problems who is wise to the elders' trick, stabs GM with a knife that he kept hidden away in his pocket. He does this because he is in love with Esmerelda himself. EverReady is locked in a mouldy bathroom until a decision is made about his fate. [To Be Continued]...


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Apr 17, 2012 7:10 pm 
Offline

Joined: Fri Apr 10, 2009 2:32 am
Posts: 56
Location: UK
Marc Antony wrote:
EVERREADY wrote:
I am sure Eileen would see the funny side of it and have a good laugh too :D – EILEEN I hope you have not been offend. ... Have I got to apologize to you or anyone???/.


EVERREADY, take it easy my good fellow. You have done nothing wrong and there's no need to aplogise to anyone. Just beware the ladies of Pak Kok. Eileen may be a PK high priestess and you would be putty in her hands.

Also,as GM says, the woods around PK are full of dark matter and should be avoided. Terrifying "Tycoon" Bobsy lurks there on moonless nights, ambushing passing innocents, muttering scary hippy chants and hording his ill-gotten loot.


THANK YOU, Marc and GM. Sorry Gents I can not spare to much time here right now as I am running late to Golfing with two Ladies (1 husband is sick ) both are young and fabs just like Eileen, one never know this could be my lucky day. See you later.


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Apr 17, 2012 8:54 pm 
Offline
over 100 messages posted
over 100 messages posted
User avatar

Joined: Sat Feb 08, 2003 9:13 pm
Posts: 124
Location: Pak Kok
The chief Elder goes against the wishes of the other Elders, agreeing to allow his blind daughter Esmerelda to pass through the forest and seek out medicine for GM. Before she leaves, he explains the secret of the creatures – they are "fake" - bogeymen created by the Elders to keep the innocent Pak Kok children from entering the woods in an attempt to keep them from leaving the village. He does mention, however, that "Those We Don't Speak Of" were based upon legends that he had heard at one time, of "real creatures" living in the woods...

While Esmerelda is traveling through the forest, one of the beasts suddenly attacks her. She tricks it into falling into a deep hole to its death, wailing "Whyyyyyyy...!?" as it falls. The creature is actually EverReady in a costume that he had found previously under the floor of the room where he was kept locked away.

Esmerelda eventually finds her way to the far edge of the woods, where she encounters a high, bougainvillea-covered wall. After she climbs over the wall, a Formula 3 driver driving a Village Vehicle with the words "Pak Kok Wildlife Preserve" on the side spots Esmerelda and is shocked to hear that she has come out of the woods.

The driver retrieves medicine from a traditional chinese medicine shop and Esmerelda returns to the village. All the Elders sit around GM's bed. The chief Elder points out that EverReady's death will allow them to continue deceiving the rest of the villagers that there are "creatures" in the woods and all the Elders take a vote to continue living in the village. Esmerelda arrives and says "I'm back, GM."

[The End]


Top
 Profile  
 
Display posts from previous:  Sort by  
Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 38 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2  Next

All times are UTC + 8 hours


Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 1 guest


You cannot post new topics in this forum
You cannot reply to topics in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum
You cannot post attachments in this forum

Search for:
Jump to:  
Powered by phpBB® Forum Software © phpBB Group