Lamma.com.hk

LAMMA-ZINE - CLASSIFIEDS - EVENTS - GALLERIES - LINKS - Subscribe - Donate - Advertise - Contact Us - Facebook

WHAT'S NEW? Bike Clearance ~ Lamma Island bolt-hole ~ Beautiful island ~ Lamma Guide
  WHAT'S ON?    Quiz Night ~ Art Breakfast ~ Game Night ~ Summer Camp ~ MTB Enduro Race
  LAMMA-ZINE:  Free Dining Coupons ~ Andy's Seafood ~ Wildlife Contest ~ Lamma Life 

It is currently Tue Apr 23, 2024 9:09 pm

All times are UTC + 8 hours

PostPosted: Tue Nov 04, 2014 4:16 pm 
Site Admin, Webmaster, Lamma-zine Editor

Halloween at Lamma Grill 31/10/2014

by Nick the Bookman, photos by Howard Sheard

"They're here..." (Poltergeist)

And by that I mean we're back. And by that I mean Jim and me. A new adventure on the Wheels of Steel, happily coinciding with 31/10/2014. El Noche de la Muerte. Halloween. Call it what you will. Caroline and James are playing hosts for our Halloween Disco. Food available. Free jelly rum shots for the costume freaks. Kiddy goodies for the goody kiddies in costume. And we've got a license to roam. Leave no souls unscathed. Let the party commence.

I'm using Jim's CD decks (which is my level of expertise) and he's brought the virtual CD decks down, I'm starting the gig off. Kicking off with the soundtrack for "Cannibal Holocaust" mixed with Robert Johnson "Crossroad Blues", Billie Holliday's "Strange Fruit" and "Halloween Spooks" by Annie Ross and pals. Plus some mellow instrumental electronics underpinning the best bits of "The Wizard of Oz" and some of the more harmless Halloween hits of yestergore (I meant to write yesteryore, but the Freudian slip makes a better pun).

There's a good crowd out back and the kids are popping in and out in some splendidly freaky costumes. I'm guessing there will be pix available to back up this story, but Lamma-Gung's in charge of that. Along with Howard who got some good shots of the light show and Jim gurning away with me in a two-shot. Well done to everyone among the adults who released their repressed inner demon/faerie child and turned up in costumes. I'll have another one of those quivery jelly shots with the red skull candy bobbling on top now, ta muchly.

Jim's playing the weirder and best up to date hits. Taking a more hip hop/dance path with added wack factor. He slipped in "Ghostbusters" and "Thriller" at various points of the night which saved me having to play them. Also slipped in a vox sample of Arthur Brown proclaiming "I am the God of Hell Fire". Beat me to to that one! And very special kudos for playing David Sylvain's version of "Spider Pig" (from "The Simpson's Movie").

So, the seven hour gig passed by way too quick. Too much to remember it all. Some highlights and thanks. Very nice to meet Hilary who came over when I stuck on "The Real Thing" by Russell Morris. He was sort of a proto Jason Donovan cum crooner who bothered the higher reaches of the Oz pop charts in the late 60's/early 70's. Molly Meldrum helped produce this monster unknown psychedelic classic and Hilary and I were probably the only two people on Lamma who knew of it. Or were present when I played it. Thanks to Liz for posing for a photo as my none-more-witchy-all-in-black "twin" sister.

Thanks to Caroline, Jim and Raj for sitting through "Kinko The Clown" (which happily went over the heads of all you lovely little children). And for some other classics from Dr. Demento. Especially the Seven Stooges doing "I Wanna Be Your Dog" (so nice, I played it twice). Plus the necrophiliac "I Want My Baby Back" and "Transfusion" by Nervous Norvus. Thanks for letting me entertain you with Roky Erickson's "Creature With The Atom Brain", "Stand For The Fire Demon" and "Night Of The Vampire" which covered most of the supernatural bases. And I can't believe that nobody reacted to Monty Python's "Medical Love Song". You've got strong taste buds, buds.

Let's see. What else on this extensive shopping list of sonic assaults. Well, there was some Serial Killer Madness courtesy of Creaming Jesus "Celebrity Cannibalism" and "Ted, Just Admit It" by Jane's Addiction. Just for you, Tamara. Anyway, I can't remember much else of what I played and don't forget Jim did half of the night and exceptionally well, I may add. My secret weapon is interesting tunes. His is excellent mixing skills, but I think we make a gestalt whole and hopefully we'll be returning again once a month. So come on down and join us for future Friday night frolics. We can't do it without you.

Now away from the fantasy fun. What about this 29-year old double murderer Rurik George Caton Jutting - late of Bank Of America Merrill Lynch? He obviously got a bit too deep into Halloween. Or was he channelling Patrick Bateman of "American Psycho" fame? Did he have the Brett Easton Ellis novel? Was the cocaine that was found in his house cocaine or ice? His arrest came one day short of the 11th anniversary of Nancy Kissel bludgeoning her banker husband to death in Parkview - the so-called "Milkshake Murder" (2/11/2003). Given all the recent history of Global WankerBanks fucking up the world, employing a serial killer is probably small fry news. Doesn't compare with the engineered crash of the global economy in 2008. Or Lord Reverend Stephen Green, former head honcho of HKSB in Hong Kong, being caught out in money-laundering mega-deals with the Latin American drug cartels. His "reward" was to be anointed a trusted adviser to David Cameron.

Late last month, I was talking to Lamma-Gung and I said I was inclined to believe that Oswald had a starring role in the JFK Assassination. Based on a recent book about the acoustic 3-D reconstruction of the events in Dealey Plaza and a documentary by the BBC(?) entitled "The Missing Bullet". The programme doesn't specifically conclude that Oswald was The Lone Gunman. Anthony Summers, who wrote an excellent book outing J. Edgar Hoover as a closet fag and cross dresser, has written in National Enquirer that he has the name of a Cuban hitman who supposedly fired from the grassy knoll. Said shot need not have registered on the acoustic tapes. Anyway, L-G said that shot down my credibility as a conspiracy theorist and I was going to get Quote Of The Day. Don't know if that happened, but here's what ensued.

The very next day I received some books from a great friend of mine Karina. The selection included two MINDBLOWING! books. The first is called "Behold A Pale Horse" by William Cooper, a former U.S.Naval Intelligence Briefing Officer. He blows the lid off the JFK assassination, how "Poppy" George Bush started importing drugs for sale to American kids through offshore oil rigs, the Secret Government that concluded treaties with E.T. and the whole UFO business. All tied in to The Illuminati, The Trilateral Commission, The Bilderbergers, The Council for Foreign Relations and The Rothchild Zionist Conspiracy...

As a little teaser Bill Cooper says that JFK was murdered because he was going to tell America and the world about the aliens among us. He was shot by William Greer, the Secret Service agent who was JFK's driver in Dallas, and the act is "plainly visible in the Zapruder film". He says in capital letters to "WATCH THE DRIVER AND NOT KENNEDY WHEN YOU VIEW THE FILM".

The second book is a 900+ page book by David Icke called "The Perception Deception". It's a one-stop shopping trawl through all of Icke's work since about 1987 and dovetails nicely with Cooper's book. I wonder if the two of them know about each other. His most controversial points deal with the Royal Family being Archon-Reptiles, but he makes a very detailed and plausible case. In brief "Icke lays out in dot-connected detail a lifetime of research and insight about our computer-simulated reality, the holographic universe and the hidden non-human forces manipulating human life via hybrid bloodline families and networks into a global Orwellian state of total control".

Among the "lowlights" are a massive expose of Jimmy Savile, paedophile and necrophile and procurer to The Royal Family. How the late creepy former UK Premier Edward Heath was a child-murdering Satanist. Details of how the Moon is a spaceship and there are bases up there. It includes doctored NASA pictures showing smudges of what are artifacts and a possible statue. There's apparently something called "The Blue Gem" which is a nuclear reactor is the Aristarchus crater. How Nikolai Tesla was robbed of his inventions and died in penury in 1943. How his early work helped created the High Frequency Active Auroral Research Programme (HAARP), based in Alaska, and was used to trigger the underwater quake in 2011 that led to Fukushima. I could go on and on (and on etc...) but too much of this is plagiarism. If anyone is interested I can give you details of how to order the books and judge for yourselves.

Icke is very fond of Leonardo Da Vinci and quotes him extensively. His most resonant quote is "foolish mortals, open your eyes and see..." Incidentally, LDV is the unknown genius who faked the Turin Shroud in 1492 on a commission from the then Pope. He used a box Camera Obscura method of imprinting three images on the shroud using chemicals and hot Tuscan sun to complete the process. A full body rear view, The front view, minus the face. And his own face as The Son Of God. The head and body in the full frontal are separate which is a coded reference to LDV being a supporter of John the Baptist (beheaded). John was primus inter pares while Jesus was just another hanger on. LDV also used his own face as the model for the Mona Lisa. So he was both "The Son of God" and the world's most beautiful woman. Well, enough of that. Back soon with the Lamma Fun Day Review...

Attachments:
!IMG_6100-Edit.jpg
!IMG_6100-Edit.jpg [ 113.11 KiB | Viewed 1103 times ]
!IMG_6069.jpg
!IMG_6069.jpg [ 75.07 KiB | Viewed 1103 times ]
!IMG_6102-Edit.jpg
!IMG_6102-Edit.jpg [ 197.85 KiB | Viewed 1103 times ]
!IMG_6105-crop.jpg
!IMG_6105-crop.jpg [ 154.85 KiB | Viewed 1103 times ]
!IMG_6126.jpg
!IMG_6126.jpg [ 172.06 KiB | Viewed 1103 times ]