[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4688: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3823)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4690: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3823)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4691: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3823)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4692: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3823)
Lamma Forums • View topic - Fellow photographers.....
Lamma.com.hk

LAMMA-ZINE - CLASSIFIEDS - EVENTS - GALLERIES - LINKS - Subscribe - Donate - Advertise - Contact Us - Facebook

WHAT'S NEW? Bike Clearance ~ Lamma Island bolt-hole ~ Beautiful island ~ Lamma Guide
  WHAT'S ON?    Quiz Night ~ Art Breakfast ~ Game Night ~ Summer Camp ~ MTB Enduro Race
  LAMMA-ZINE:  Free Dining Coupons ~ Andy's Seafood ~ Wildlife Contest ~ Lamma Life 

It is currently Sat Apr 20, 2024 10:43 pm

All times are UTC + 8 hours

PostPosted: Wed Nov 09, 2005 9:25 am 

I recently did a wedding shoot, something I haven't done before, and used various sources for advice, inspiration etc. One of them is a website called www.photography-on-the.netforum/index.php which is great not only for weddings, but all photography. It is moderated by professional photographers and some of the advice and constructive criticism is amazing.
You guys should consider putting some of your photos of beasties and greenery on there as the standard on this site is very high. L-G, that means you too!

it is a Canon-specific site so Guy you may have to pretend you're one of the big boys for a while but I think you may manage!

Since the wedding I have posted some of my pictures for critiqueing http://www.photography-on-the.net/forum ... p?t=111556

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Nov 16, 2005 9:27 pm 
over 100 messages posted
over 100 messages posted

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Nov 17, 2005 2:06 pm 
over 100 messages posted
over 100 messages posted

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Nov 18, 2005 12:05 pm 

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Nov 18, 2005 1:28 pm 
over 100 messages posted
over 100 messages posted

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Nov 25, 2005 9:43 am 
over 100 messages posted
over 100 messages posted

Attachments:
bt1.jpg
bt1.jpg [ 91.35 KiB | Viewed 1681 times ]
b2.jpg
b2.jpg [ 81.55 KiB | Viewed 1682 times ]

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Nov 25, 2005 11:10 am 
Over 1,000 messages posted
Over 1,000 messages posted

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Nov 25, 2005 6:31 pm 
over 100 messages posted
over 100 messages posted

I looked at a canon 350D in Fortress and it was more like $7500. Do you know an honest and reliable outlet for photographic equipment that would offer a better price?

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Nov 26, 2005 11:20 am 
Flora & Fauna Moderator

This is a very interesting an informative discussion, and would proably be better in the "pictures and movies" thread - can we move it there?

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Nov 26, 2005 12:01 pm 
Site Admin, Webmaster, Lamma-zine Editor

OK, moved the entire topic....

By the way, the Photo Imaging Asa exbition is on at the Convention & Exhibiton Centre this weekend only, Hall 5. I might go there tomorrow afternoon, anybody want to come along?

There'll even be a "Wild Bird Photography" Open Forum and talk by Pippen Ho at 2:45pm, organised by Canon:

http://www.photoimagingasia.com.hk/defa ... site_id=18

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Nov 27, 2005 4:11 am 
over 300 messages posted
over 300 messages posted

PostPosted: Sun Nov 27, 2005 5:03 am 
over 300 messages posted
over 300 messages posted

I don't know what sort of reliability is expected of the typical digital camera these days (what with mechanical shutters and iris mechanisms still outclassing the electronic ones), but perhaps here's one for the books ...

My faithful old H-P C200 snapshot camera (actually made by Konica) has passed the million-picture mark and is still snapping away. It is doing duty as a webcam, taking a picture every three minutes, 24 hours/day, without a single failure since December 1999. I find it absolutely amazing that a mechanical-shutter low cost digicam can survive this sort of treatment. Included in this abuse is exposure of the CCD to direct sunlight every clear morning as the sun rises through the field of view, and baking in the hot sun all day long during the summer months. It's still running with its original flash memory card, which is rated for only 100,000 cycles. I'm afraid to shut it down for fear it won't start up again.

I wonder if today's crop of general-purpose snapshot cameras could do this?

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Nov 27, 2005 9:06 am 
Site Admin, Webmaster, Lamma-zine Editor

Chuck, sounds like you're the go-to guy for low-cost web cams?
I'm actually looking around myself for 1-3 Wifi-connected webcams to show Yung Shue Wan, the windmill and the harbour from sunrise to sunset. I go the location, PC, broadband and Wifi setup by a friend in a house on top of Millionaire's hill. But I'll have to pay for the web cams myself - no sponsor interested yet - so they have to be really low-cost, including the Wi-fi connection.

I've used Axis web cams several times in the past professionally (still running today, showing live HK views over the web), but they're beyond my price range. Cheapo top-of-monitor webcams do not have the picture quality and software for uploading an automatically shot picture every few minutes to a website.

Any concrete advice - short of selling me your amazing-quality Konica as a precious & most reliable antique?

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Nov 28, 2005 9:41 am 
over 100 messages posted
over 100 messages posted

Attachments:
clicking off.jpg
clicking off.jpg [ 92.12 KiB | Viewed 1577 times ]

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Nov 28, 2005 9:44 am 
over 300 messages posted
over 300 messages posted

Post subject: