Lamma.com.hk

LAMMA-ZINE - CLASSIFIEDS - EVENTS - GALLERIES - LINKS - Subscribe - Donate - Advertise - Contact Us - Facebook

WHAT'S NEW? YSW Library Opening Ceremony w/Carrie Lam
  WHAT'S ON?    Children's Variety Show ~ Lamma Fun Day
  LAMMA-ZINE:  Bookworm Cafe's Co-Founder ~ Instagramming ~ Lamma Life... 

It is currently Thu Nov 14, 2019 8:55 am

All times are UTC + 8 hours

PostPosted: Mon May 15, 2006 3:28 pm 

One of my major interest in hiking around HK country side is to see if

there is any wild weed/Cannabis, much of you would say there is no hope, the closest I will properly get is some unknown plants which just look like weed but not the real stuff. However, there is a huge breakthrough, for more than 4 years, I had suspected a patch of plants might be weed on a highway slope ( about 200 meters across ) which I often pass by, and finally, on last Thursday, because of a traffic congestion just so

happen in the area, and the vechicle I was in passing slow enough for me

to observe in greater detail of those plants, and it is a 100%

confirmation, to ensure there is absolutely no mistake, on the following

Saturday morning around 5AM, I was on my way back home on a taxi, I asked the taxi driver to stop there, and I got out of the taxi and ran up the slope and grapped a few batches of leaves and stems of those plants,immediately, the smell giving off from the broken plants had further confirmed my finding. I am now trying to re-vital a couple stems by planting them in dirts and let's hope they will turn to a couple real healthy plant in a few weeks. As for those leaves collected, I had put one of them in a big thick book to preserve as a dry but color retainable speciment, along side with a couple others which I had grew in the past. And of course I could not resisted the attempt of smoking them, so already hung dried a small batch.

Anyway, the type of Cannabis which I found was Sativa- usual type of

hemp found in the South East Asia, which has a wilder leave shape and

smell is not so strong that people can smell miles away, unlike those

that were grew from hydro, mainly belong to the strain of Indica, much

stronger and more potent to smoke, and with narrower leaves.

My experience with weed planting, my story:-

5 years ago, I tried to grow some at my own home, so I started to

collecting seeds from weed I purchased from some drugs dealers, however these seeds are often poor quality (moldy or crushed) and cannot begin its germination even under ideal conditons for germination. And when they did germinate, the plants will only grow to about 3 inches sprouts and die right after due to fungi infection at the lower end of the stem, guess because those are seeds from commercial weed which had

been cultivated so long and loses its natural immunity to fungus or

bacteria. Anyway after a few attempts and failed, I was still so

determine and so I spent a great deal of effort in sterlizing everything

to start again and of course a success in the end, I was able to get two

fully grow plants, but there is one problem, both plants I had were

female and so cannot offer me more seeds for future. It would be a shame

to see it end, anyway the strain accorded to the dealer is from Cambodia

and it is Indica, which is kind of rare in Asia, so I was determined to

ensure there is a future for my plants.

After some very thorough study, I realised that seeds from cannabis are

used as a popular chinese herbal medicine in HK and South East China and

you can almost get them in any chinese medicine store in HK at a very

very cheap price, these seeds are good quality and healthy..its kind of

surprise as HK laws prohibit owning or store of any parts of the plant

including seeds, infact Body Shop HK had to gave up a promotion and selling of a product series because they were manufactured with oil extracts from Cannabis seeds a few years back, but here we are, to get them it is so easy just like they are legally available, and they are not dead or roasted ones, they are alive and can grow into plant,I am sure the police know about this, may be it is because the seeds do not offer any what so ever chemicals that can get people high, so they overlooked it, however, when a Cannabis plant is budding or seeding, it can be really potent, 20 times or more than normal.

So here I am now with two Cambodia Indica female plants, I further grew

around 30 local, believe it is from China, Sativa plants - seed was

imported from China accorded to the chinese herbal store I purchased

from. Before the plants even start to flower, I had smoked the Indica,

it gave me a better high but it is relatively minor compared to the

original batch of weed which got me the seed in the first place, and

those from the China plants is almost with no potency, perhapes those

plants was cultivated for hemp harvest or seed production and never was

intended for doping, I was not a surprise to me, and I did not care that much, because my goal was to get a male plants and by coincident, almost all of the Sativa turn out to be male,in the end I had kept only two best male, the rest were used for smoking and a very huge failure experiment on hash making.

Anyway when the remaining plants did flower, I fertilized the females

plants manually by scoping up pollen from male flower and transfer them

to the female...yep, budding began a week later, and I ended up with

around 70 seeds which I had stored them for now 2 and half years,if I

plant them, it will surely be a new strain which might have unexpected

quality or potency, than again it could be a poor one...

Well, I stopped my planting project once my goal was reached and did not

try to continue as a professions since it is not the path I like. And

from the last few years, we do see people get caught from planting them,

even those who are not intend to sell them but for personal use.

I guess I did it because I just want to know it can be done, and I was

proud to see my plants grow, I have a 25mins video footage of the whole

setup and a batches of photos showing each stage of their growth,

guess it is a little secret documentary.

Ok, back to where I began this thread, these wild bushes ( about 10 to 15 sizable bushes ) of Cannabis I found is properly a result of a police road block from that section of highway at night which happen very often, may be some guy throw out a whole batch of dope with seeds from a car while waiting in line for getting past the road block, or may be some seeds were blew off from a trucks carrying sacks and sacks of seeds imported from China for herbal stores, or may be undigested seeds from bird droppings, no body really knows, but I am kind of skeptic about my first suggestion, because I had tried dispersing some seeds in the wild before, and most of them never germinate or get eaten by sparrow (they really loves them),I had done this a few times, some did germinated but quickly died or destoried by insects or other animals, there is only one that did grow to a noticeable size, and it was in a muddy puddle right next to a constant leaking fire hydrant, I took that one home..haha. As much as I would like to share with all of you a picture or the exact location of these bushes, I decided not to, in case someone will destory them, in case someone will harvest them all to make a profit. I like to see these bushes remain there for good, these plants belong to the nature and they deserve to be in the wild, not in a hydro farm or crops field. Anyway, they should be flowering in about 4 to 5 weeks, I will go collect another sample (buds) when available and offer you all an update soon. A strange observation I had though, one of the plant I had collected had a slight mutation, some leaves shapes is different, not like a virus or disease infection, perhapes some other plants' pollen had managed to cross bred, but if this is the case, it could hurt the whole bush population there, so further study is definitely required, if anyone of you is an botanical expert and have a lab, I am happy to work with him on this further study.

BTW, there are other legal ways to get good seeds, most Japanese restaurant has a mixture of spice call "7 spices powder" and one of the ingredient is Cannabis seeds, also live one. Or sometime, by chance, Cannabis seeds get mixed with bird seeds, and can be available from pet stores, but this is very rare occation.

PostPosted: Sat Jun 03, 2006 11:53 pm 

Attached, feel free to comment

Attachments:
IMGP1137a.JPG
IMGP1137a.JPG [ 65.8 KiB | Viewed 3834 times ]
IMGP1131a.JPG
IMGP1131a.JPG [ 97.51 KiB | Viewed 3834 times ]

Post subject: You fool!
PostPosted: Thu Jun 08, 2006 4:07 pm 
over 100 messages posted
over 100 messages posted

You do realise that by making such an irresponsible posting, you are publicising an issue which a lot of people who live on Lamma would rather not have publicised - for varying reasons. You will only succeed in attracting unwanted attention from the wrong kind of people.

If I were you, I would request that the moderator at the very least, remove the pictures.

That....and at at least one of the plants in the pictures is a male!

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Jun 08, 2006 5:03 pm 
over 100 messages posted
over 100 messages posted

I AGREE WITH MINGSTA!

The original posts are of very little interest anyway - big deal - you grew some, and found some growing wild. I also hope you will remove these boring posts that will only serve to attract unwanted attention.

Think of the community man :roll:

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Jun 08, 2006 5:10 pm 
over 200 messages posted
over 200 messages posted

Dumbass dopeheads. anyway, this scrote's from Fanling, not Lamma.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Jun 08, 2006 6:37 pm 
over 200 messages posted
over 200 messages posted

is this post in anyway connected with Ivys' Rizla price rise today?

;)

Post subject: Response to MINGSTA
PostPosted: Thu Jun 15, 2006 8:52 pm 

I do not think it is an iressponsible act to post what I had posted, all my intention was to be informative, while many people are protecting endanger species animal, many ignored plants, though Cannabis is thriving in captive because of its commercial value in illegal drug market, it is almost extinct in the wild, many strains of Cannabis available in captive are no longer bearing its natural defense mechanism toward bacteria, fungus, and virues, it is a lost to the human race, the natural chemicals in plants beside those that can get people high could yield lot of contribution toward the medical science world, not to mention the plants fiber is very useful in many ways. Infact cannabis itself could be use as a natural pesticide.

The laws is suppose to control people who are ABUSING drugs, offer penalties to those taking advantages of is commercial value illegally, it should not be use to wipe out a plant specie. Look at countries that had legalized weed, do we see junkies everywhere, there still only a minority of the population who are abusive users, in my opinion, I don't think smoking weed should be a crime if the user is sensible, its just like drinking alcohol, drinking coffer or tea, smoking a cigar or cigerette, the important thing is public education, i.e: managing the dosage, potency, quality control, understanding its effects and controlling its supply and pricing.

Not all weed smokers are junkies, and not all growers are doing it just for the money or just to get high.
If you are not happy with the post, send the removal request to the moderator, I will not do it.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Jun 15, 2006 8:55 pm 

wHO?

Post subject: Re: Response to MINGSTA
PostPosted: Thu Jun 15, 2006 9:03 pm 
Discussions Forum Moderator

XT21 wrote:
If you are not happy with the post, send the removal request to the moderator, I will not do it.

No one's concerned about morality. It's you that's at risk. Some things are best not spoken of in public, let alone posting photographic evidence, and the police have been known to read this. Good luck if you get busted.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Jun 15, 2006 10:03 pm 
over 500 messages posted
over 500 messages posted

that plant in the photo is not actually cannabis sativa , it is from the same family but you won't get a buzz from smoking it. And it is not illegal. Probably very difficult to find the real mccoy here.dream on.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Jun 16, 2006 1:55 pm 
over 100 messages posted
over 100 messages posted

XT21, it's not about what you think or believe or your perception of what the laws are laid down for. It is also of no relevance what happens in countries where it is decriminalised. The simple fact of the matter is that here, in Hong Kong, it is illegal to possess or grow.

You are putting yourself and others at risk with your posting, not to mention pandering to other people the (unwanted) reputation that Lamma is full of potheads. There are many people who live on Lamma who would rather not be associated with that reputation.

One can only assume that from your attitude and response, you are still waiting to celebrate your 21st birthday.....maybe even in a few years

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Feb 15, 2012 10:27 pm 

Hey X really appreciate the care for these plants :D Don't trip on these narrow minded people, one day the truth will go out to everyone. can you pm me at chickensupreme12@gmail.com i need to ask you some things

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Feb 16, 2012 1:04 am 
Discussions Forum Moderator

chickensupreme wrote:
Hey X really appreciate the care for these plants :D Don't trip on these narrow minded people, one day the truth will go out to everyone. can you pm me at chickensupreme12@gmail.com i need to ask you some things

I doubt it . He hasn't posted here for over 5 years.
You could simply click his "PM" button and see if he responds.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed May 23, 2012 1:10 pm 

At the turn of the previous century hemp farming was compulsory even on Lamma, Royal Navy ships needed rope.

A Causeway Bay library book quoted it as Lamma biggest crop ever produced, with a history like that no wonder it attracted the early hippy types like Bob here.

The first pictured plant still grows on Lamma opposite the police station near Hung Shing Ye and looks a distant strain if it is at all on closer inspection.

Second picture is a Sativa.

Check out Strain Hunters on Youtube if you like this kind of shit.