Lamma.com.hk

LAMMA-ZINE - CLASSIFIEDS - EVENTS - GALLERIES - LINKS - Subscribe - Donate - Advertise - Contact Us - Facebook

WHAT'S NEW? Bike Clearance ~ Lamma Island bolt-hole ~ Beautiful island ~ Lamma Guide
  WHAT'S ON?    Quiz Night ~ Art Breakfast ~ Game Night ~ Summer Camp ~ MTB Enduro Race
  LAMMA-ZINE:  Free Dining Coupons ~ Andy's Seafood ~ Wildlife Contest ~ Lamma Life 

It is currently Tue Apr 16, 2024 11:05 pm

All times are UTC + 8 hours

Post subject: Snakes & Spiders
PostPosted: Mon Sep 01, 2008 11:21 pm 
over 100 messages posted
over 100 messages posted

Finally, I saw 2 snakes last Saturday on Lamma Island!

When I went up the stairway beside the barbecue place at Suk Kwu Wan, I saw a black snake about 1 foot long lying under a tree. When I tried to get near it to take a photo, it crawled away really fast. So I missed a change.

About an hour later when I was on my way back to Suk Kwu Wan, an even bigger snake crawled across in front of me! Its tail nearly hit my left foot. It happened so fast that when I was about to react, it had gone into the woods. The snake was about 3 feet long ( I guess ).

A few minutes later, I felt something sticky in my right arm and at the back of my neck. I realized I ran into a cobweb somewhere. That stuff was really hard to get rid of. It took me awhile and a bottle of water to get rid of it.

Earlier that morning, I was able to see a small insect flew right into the middle of a spider web at a light pole. Its amazing to see the spider wrap the insect with silk for later use.

Here are some pictures of Spiders and Tai Wan To.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Sep 01, 2008 11:25 pm 
over 400 messages posted
over 400 messages posted

That's pretty remarkable to see two snakes in one day, especially on a busy tourist day. Sorry you couldn't get some pictures of the snakes but maybe next time. The pictures you took are very nice.