[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4688: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3823)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4690: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3823)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4691: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3823)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4692: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3823)
Lamma Forums • View topic - Looking for tennis coach
Lamma.com.hk

LAMMA-ZINE - CLASSIFIEDS - EVENTS - GALLERIES - LINKS - Subscribe - Donate - Advertise - Contact Us - Facebook

WHAT'S NEW? Bike Clearance ~ Lamma Island bolt-hole ~ Beautiful island ~ Lamma Guide
  WHAT'S ON?    Quiz Night ~ Art Breakfast ~ Game Night ~ Summer Camp ~ MTB Enduro Race
  LAMMA-ZINE:  Free Dining Coupons ~ Andy's Seafood ~ Wildlife Contest ~ Lamma Life 

It is currently Fri Mar 29, 2024 2:43 am

All times are UTC + 8 hours

Post subject: Looking for tennis coach
PostPosted: Sat Oct 05, 2013 9:40 pm 

Looking for tennis coach on Lamma. And preferably to play here too.
Anyone know of a good one, let me know. And if you know how to get access to the court by Tai Long Old Village that'd be appreciated.

Thanks

PostPosted: Thu Oct 10, 2013 6:43 pm 

Hi I know a tennis coach, he's fantastic lives in Stanley but will travel!

His name is Michael and his number is 6143 3415.

Hope you enjoy it :-)

PostPosted: Thu Oct 10, 2013 8:21 pm 

Last time I checked those tennis courts were off limits to anyone not living in that village.

If you find out otherwise please let me know.

PostPosted: Thu Oct 10, 2013 10:06 pm 

If that's the case I live in the village sure I'll be able to help.

PostPosted: Thu Oct 10, 2013 10:24 pm 
Discussions Forum Moderator

Tai Long? There's tennis court in Tai Wan village if that's what you mean.
I lived there for 14 years, never used it.

HKE gave it to the village for nothing, the selfish bastards who run it just lock it up, impossible to get access.

PostPosted: Fri Oct 11, 2013 6:31 pm 

Meant Tai Wan. I live here myself, that's why it would be so convenient...
Do any of you know who to contact regarding the matter?
I asked someone who I saw playing there once if I could play and got a pretty harsh "NO" back...!
Appreciate the help!

Sandra

PostPosted: Mon Oct 14, 2013 12:05 pm 
Site Admin, Webmaster, Lamma-zine Editor

Talk to the Rural Committee assistants, on G/F of the Rural Committee building opposite HSBC. They're friendly and helpful, speak good English and their boss, Chairman Chan, is also still the village chief of Tai Wan New or Old Village, I believe.

You might not get access, but at least an explanation of why not.

PostPosted: Mon Oct 14, 2013 3:32 pm 

Ok, great. Thanks so much for all help!

PostPosted: Sun Nov 03, 2013 8:11 pm 

Any updates on the general populous being ostracized from Lamma tennis?

PostPosted: Sat Nov 09, 2013 2:29 pm 
Parenting Forum Moderator-in-probation

I live there, too. As far as I can tell, the place is not public property. The government doesn't maintain it. Guess it belongs to the Chan clan. At least one of them speaks acceptable English so I'll have a word with them next time there's an opportunity. They let me use their tools and give candy to my daughter so I might have a chance to negotiate something.

May I suggest to wait with the Rural Committee until I spoke to the Chans. Going through official channels could piss them off. Give me a couple of days.

PostPosted: Sat Nov 09, 2013 8:27 pm 

PostPosted: Sun Nov 10, 2013 3:26 am 

Last edited by lammanaut on Sun Nov 10, 2013 5:03 pm, edited 1 time in total.

PostPosted: Sun Nov 10, 2013 11:22 am 

PostPosted: Sun Nov 10, 2013 4:59 pm 

Of course I haven't seen any documents, it's just what I heard. From you, by the way. I didn't know HKE built it before you said so.

If there is no document regarding the transfer from HKE to "the village" (whatever legal entity that is), then it would legally still be HKE property and therefore private. Lamma is part of the N.T. and regulations here differ from those in Kowloon or Hong Kong.

Here's something I found on asiaxpat.com :

[..]This goes to the questions who own land lots in HK. Its the HKG and some NT natives which had been granted land back in the colonial days, HKG will only sell lots, by auctions, at size decent for residential development but not for a house, ie a building so that the cost of land spread among, say 50 future household. In this case building a house out of it could be seen wasteful.
Another way is to purchase from NT land owners who had inherited lands since Ching Dynasty and each son get a slice of pie.. to cut story short their lots are clustered together to form a Village, so they are supposed to be a big "family" and is not welcoming to outsider.
[..]

I'm not a lawyer and I don't really care who's bloody tennis court it is. But I strongly suggest to consider the distant possibility of them owning the place. They definitely possess it at this moment and no government seems willing to step in.

Now it's much easier to negotiate from a position of mutual respect rather than one of conflict. My way would be to accept their claim and then kindly ask them to grant limited access to certain trusted people so they don't feel their rule is challenged. Starting with unfounded accusations of land theft is certainly not the way to achieve anything.

Apart from you and me, there's been no interest in this topic for good a week. Doesn't seem to be a pressing issue so I will just let it rest. Got no stakes in the issue myself, anyway.

PostPosted: Sun Nov 10, 2013 8:11 pm 

PostPosted: Sun Nov 10, 2013 10:20 pm 

PostPosted: Sun Nov 10, 2013 10:47 pm 

PostPosted: Tue Jan 28, 2014 7:43 pm 

Hi Everyone!!! So ...I see that this court is can not use ...;((( May be we can find another one for rent in HK!?? Who want play ?! Call me ,may be we will find place...60972474 cheers!

PostPosted: Thu May 14, 2015 10:13 am